Monday, February 2, 2015

049 Quibbles is excited and also Taylor Swift appears somewhere here.

GUYS

GUYS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

So yesterday, I referred my friends on Facebook to this blog so they could read my short story (which got a Silver Key, by the way, which is something I need to get over before someone slaps me), and DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY VIEWS WE GOT YESTERDAY????

DO YOU???????

WE GOT 103 PAGEVIEWS YESTERDAY!
AND TO TOP THAT OFF, WE HAVE 85 PAGEVIEWS TODAY SO FAR AS WELL!!


WHICH IS LIKE WHOA

DO YOU SEE THIS? WE HAD A FALLOW PERIOD FOR ABOUT THREE MONTHS (which is totally my fault; also shoutout to Mr. Mustard for the word 'fallow') AND ALL OF A SUDDEN, BOOM. 103 VIEWS. THEY EVEN HAD TO CHANGE THE SCALE ON THE SIDE OF THE GRAPH TO ALLOW FOR SO MANY VIEWS! I DON'T THINK WE'VE EVER GOTTEN 103 PAGEVIEWS A DAY! !!

Actually, that is a lie. We got 303 views one day in August. Alas.

So anyways, thank you all so much for showing interest in my short story. This has been a beautiful weekend for me, and I am so happy.

I'm currently on my bed looking out to another snowstorm. We just had one last Tuesday, but I'm not complaining. As long as I'm inside and warm, I can handle it. It also doesn't hurt that we've been getting a barrage of snow days. #NewEnglandProbs

SPEAKING OF NEW ENGLAND, THE PATRIOTS WON THE SUPERBOWL! (In case you didn't already know).

I don't know what to write about. I'm supposed to be writing an essay on the Ming Dynasty for history, but you know what? The Ming Dynasty is irrelevant and I have no interest in it. Also, I just learned that women's rights were'nt worse in the Ming Dynasty than the Yuan Dynasty, which undermines my whole argument. The struggle is real.

It's been a while, I think we should catch up. In the past two months I've been absent, I found some really nice things.

First of all, if you're studying and can't seem to focus, here's something I found that personally helps me a lot.

It's basically a 15 minute segment of what it would be like to study in the Gryffindor Common Room in Hogwarts. If you're in a different house, never fear. Ambient Mixer has got you covered.

To me, the small background noise with the nice fireplace sounds and chatter makes me more relaxed. Silence is hard to work in. But I guess that's only because I'm a Harry Potter freak and anything Hogwarts-related motivates me.

Second, I've found a couple albums that I've always known about but recently downloaded and explored further. I really like Christina Perri's Head or Heart, her voice is great and although the songs can sound kind of the same after a while, it makes me happy. Her style of music is probably my favorite, though I'm not sure what it's called. It's kind of pop without the gratuitous background noise. It's rather calming. Recommendation: "The Words".

I also really like Adele's 19 and 21 albums. Same reasons as above. Lots of the songs I've already known about, but some of them are little gems that haven't been discovered yet (by me, at least). "Turning Tables" is fantastic.

And finally, I've found a picture which is kind of great, tbh. I originally wanted to use it as a reaction pic, but I don't think I'll ever have the chance to. In any case, here it is, in all its Taylor Swift glory:


Shh. It's perfect.

I've been pretty good with updating the past few days, but that's probably only because I have nothing much to do (except my huge history project due tomorrow that I haven't started yet and I should probably go do that but MING DYNASTY I don't want to do it).

- Quibbles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!