Saturday, September 6, 2014

032 Guns Don't Kill People

I told you I would abandon this blog. I TOLD YOU IN THE VERY FIRST POST.

I'm great at starting things, but bad at ending them. Maybe that's why I can never finish projects on time. I'm sorry to you, to Nargles, to all the readers, and to the promise I made on my very first blog post. I will endeavour to post more in these less hectic days.

Today I would like to discuss an article I found.

Guns Don't Kill People
Yesterday I placed my shotgun on the front porch, gave it six shells, and noticing it had no legs, placed it in a wheelchair to help it get around.
While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the boy across the street picked up my yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign near my house.
 After 10 hours, I checked on the shotgun. It had not rolled outside and it had not killed anyone in spite of many opportunities that had been presented.
Can you imagine how surprised I was, with all the hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people? Either the killing is by people misusing guns or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world. So now I'm off to check on my spoons, because I hear they make people fat.
Donald K. Martin, Windsor Locks

Nargles, before I rant about what this quote signifies and how the irony emphasizes the point and all that, why don't you try? This is a fantastic topic to talk about. Do people kill people or do guns kill people? Or do people with guns kill people?

- Quibbles 9/6/14

PS: Do you think Mac would be interested in joining the blog? Might make things less slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!