Friday, September 26, 2014

036 Thing I also found on Pinterest

Ah, Pinterest. Thou shalt ever be my haven whilst I completeth my homework.

So I shared a couple things a couple minutes ago that made me laugh. Here is something that makes me a bit confused and sad and angry at the same time.


Sorry for the language, by the way. But although this "poem" is sort of cheesy (I know it's about suicide but that doesn't mean it's not cheesy), there's one line that interested me very much.

"F**k this romanticism of suicide."

And the question I want to ask is this: In our society, is suicide romanticized? Should it be romanticized? Is it romantic in reality?

Before I answer, I want to hear your opinions. So Nargles, Warbles, and anyone reading this, please comment below or start a new post. And I realize that this is a very touchy subject and not one to be lightly tossed onto the dinner table. I would like to say that I don't want to offend anyone by comparing suicide to romanticism or things like that. If you don't want to read this, please don't. Otherwise, please consider the question and tell me your opinion. It's infinitely more valuable than you think.

Have a nice day,
Quibbles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!