Friday, July 11, 2014

006 How would you react if you learned that a sad and beautiful poem that touched you deeply had been written by a computer?

Wow. I don't know, I would be really fascinated to see a computer able to have feelings (sort of). I guess there isn't much of a difference really, I don't think I would react other than being a little shocked. Computers are able to do so much now anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to create Picasso inspired art or Robert Frost inspired poems. Then again, it's a little alarming to see that robots are becoming enveloped in the definition of "human", and I would be a little disconcerted that a robot, with no "soul" or "mind" or "spirit", was able to bring emotion to me.

Personally, I'm not that interested in poetry, so this question is probably not as applicable to me as it might be to others. But if a well written book with an astoundingly clever plot was written by a robot, per say, I would probably a little more than just alarmed. If I found out today that Jane Austen or Meg Cabot or Agatha Christie were actually robots... I'd be a little scared. Then the only difference between robots and humans would be biological.

It sort of reminds me of an article I read about robots dreaming. It can't be possible, or at least it doesn't seem theoretically possible, but why not? What makes robots so different than humans?

What if in three generations, the world is populated by cyborgs? They would be the 'super race', perfect "humans" with no diseases, no angry feelings, and no mistakes.

 It honestly wouldn't surprise me in the least.

- Quibbles 7/11/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!