Sunday, August 3, 2014

017 An Epic (?) Poem and Happy Birthday Mom!

It's my mom's birthday!! Yay!!! Happy birthday Mom, thank you for being there for me when no one else was, and thank you for... bringing me into this world... I kind of owe my entire existence to you...? And dad. THANKS DAD.

Anyways, my mom's birthday is actually a very peculiar phenomenon. Not because it never happens, or because this is her first or anything (because that would be really weird). My mom uses the lunar calendar for her birthday, so it falls on different days every year. Her birthday is actually August 23, so I guess this is just a really great excuse to get twice the presents and eat twice the cake..?

I should start celebrating my lunar birthday.

Also, this means I never get to give her presents, because generally we don't even know it's her birthday until my uncle calls, because he has some lunar calendar app, so he just calls to let us know, you know, that it's my mom's birthday.

BUT IT'S OKAY! This year, I was prepared and downloaded the very same lunar calendar app and got her some chocolate and a necklace. So unless she reads this blog (which I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt), she'll have a nice surprise tomorrow!

Moving on, I found a really interesting (interesting?) poem on Instagram. I would share my Instagram username with you, but, as Nargles "so eloquently put it", stranger danger and all that. So here's the poem:

Grades are getting low,
Teens are getting high,
That 12 year old is pregnant
and her parents wonder why.

A 1st grader is swearing,
A 3rd grader's been raped,
Just take a look around you,
Isn't the system great?

Who isn't jaded these days,
Teens are sending nudes,
Kids are getting beaten,
The teachers see the bruise.

No calls for help are spoken,
Teens are smoking weed,
Young girls are cutting wrists,
This isn't what we need.

The marks of taunts and yelling,
Parents are divorced,
That 14 year old is drinking beer,
This can't get any worse.

A little girl has killed herself,
Nobody seems to care,
Another kid has been expelled
for a stupid dare.

But it needs to change,
Our world is officially broken,
It's time to take a stand,
Your thoughts need to be spoken.

--
That's why we're writing this blog,
We want our opinions to matter.
Thanks for reading our thoughts.
Quibbles and Nargles forever :)


(that didn't really rhyme :/)

- Quibbles 8/3/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!