Friday, August 29, 2014

Back to School!!

     Heyy, guys, sorry it's been so long since we've posted, but Quibbles and I have been quite busy with finishing up the last of the summer reading, and preparing the beginning of Quibbles' class president campaign, of which I am helping her with. Aka, that means making posters, working on propaganda, shooting and editing (editing, oh my frigging gosh.) videos to upload to YouTube, all whilst trying to find something cute to wear on the first day. Haha, I lied about that last one. Do us nerds care about what we wear on the first day? Hint. Even we do o.O

     Anyyyyways, enough about us, I'm here to talk about stuff you want to read about!! So, in case some of our readers, or any at all, are going back to school this year, I'll just list off some tips and tricks I have for doing the best you can whilst in school.


Tip #1: Get a good night's sleep.

     Now, if anyone breaks this rule almost every night, it's definitely me. I had to get up at 9:30am this morning, and guess what time I ended up asleep last night?!? 3:00am. Yes, that's right. I have no idea how I struggle through each day with six and a half hours of sleep, but it's almost as much as I got towards the end of last year when I was still in school. But trust me, if you get a nice long sleep before a big test, you will definitely perform better. The fact that you'll feel amazing and absorb information even better the next day is an added plus as well. It's when you're sleeping that the brain takes time to process and store information you learned during the day, so sleep is pretty essential to your brain overall, along with your internal energy bar. Being a teenager, it's especially important for you to get the most sleep as possible, even more than adults. It's a bad sign when you end up going to bed later than your parents (... me...).

I know it's hard, what with YouTube (goddamn, YouTube, why you so enticing.), procrastinated homework, television, midnight talks with your friends, but maybe slowly try and wean yourself off of these things as school rolls around. I've already made a deal with my mom that at 10:00pm I'm going to hand over my electronics so that I can get a decent night's sleep. I hope this will motivate me to finish my homework super speedily, along with weaning me off my YouTube addiction. SO GET SOME SLEEP AND YOUR BRAIN AND BODY WILL THANK YOUUUU!!! (Wait. Your brain is part of your body... whatever.)

Tip #2: Don't take grades too seriously but nonetheless, try your best.


     There are too many successful people in the world, that didn't do the best in high school or college, for you to convince yourself that grades can dictate your life. They can in a way, but it might be for the best. If you want to be a doctor or lawyer though, you might want to focus on your grades a tiiiid bit more... haha, like a lot more.

     Just because grades may not hold the key to happiness, doesn't mean you can blow off a test, or not show up to class. You may be the type of person to get overly worked up about grades, but try your best not to beat yourself up. Maybe if you want to do better on the next assessment you need to study more, or seek help. If you're someone who absolutely hates school and counts down the seconds 'till it's over, if you don't graduate or drop out, or do very poorly, colleges will not thank you, and employers will think twice about hiring you later in life. For some types of jobs, maybe it's not required, but really, why don't you want to learn new things? I would say try your best at everything, no matter how you perform. This especially applies to school.

Okay, I've actually got homework to do, but more tips to come! If anyone wants to add any in the comments, go right ahead, don't be shyyyyy...


Sorry again for not updating for so long, hopefully Quibbles will post soooon!!! Until next time!


Love always,

- Nargles 8/29/14

PS. Hey Quibbles, do you have any back to school tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!