Saturday, August 2, 2014

015 How often do you think of the world's problems?

I think of the world's problems far less often than I should. It's usually just a few seconds of worry here and there when the topic arises. The world's problems don't keep me up all night, but maybe if I thought about them just a smidge more, it would keep me humble and let me try and think through some of them.

On a second note, it really frustrates me how these days the only way you can really help out some large scale foundations is to donate money. I'm relatively young with relatively no funds of my own, so how am I supposed to help? Sure, if only I could travel to Africa and help out there, which I would really like to do. But for one they wouldn't let someone as young as me help out and I have no way to get to Africa on my own. I want to be able to help people right now, not in 10 years. I've been thinking of volunteering at an animal shelter around where I live and I think I might really enjoy that. I'm also going to China next summer to help out around an orphanage, but the only reason my parents are funding this is because I myself am adopted and it's a cause near to all of our hearts. It's just that the causes I believe in the most, like human rights and health, I can't do anything about just yet. Buut, there are plenty of things to do at home, and I think if I can do those things, the wait won't seem so long.

- Nargles 08/2/14

PS. I will be away at summer camp this week (Sun-Sat), so I won't be able to upload. So sorry! You should expect my next post around Saturday evening. Hopefully Quibbles will be up to posting around double the content for you guys! :P I know she's very dedicated. :)


------------------------------------------
Also, if you agree with Nargles, I recomment you download Tab for a Cause because there is a way you can help, right from home. Even though you may be "too young", or it may be "too dangerous" to help, every small contribution pushes us closer to a big step, and an easy way to do that is downloading the link above. Just by opening tabs, you are able to donate money to charities. It's really simple, and it's super convenient to use. Personally I love it.

(Sorry for hijacking your post, Nargles)

- Quibbles 8/2/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!