Friday, August 8, 2014

021.5 Freak the Geek

Dear Quibbles,
I agree with John Green about the situation he mentioned. It's not the girls' fault that their bullies think that they aren't good enough, or cool enough, or too geeky. The fact that they care enough to say things like that portrays how they might feel about themselves. They thing they need to do this to remain popular or to get people to like them, etc. That's their problem that they feel this way, and dislike people for being themselves. Sure, there are a good amount of people I dislike, for no good reason at all, because they just aren't my kind of people. I, however, don't make mean comments towards them or bully them.

I sort of believe that if I don't like someone for who they are, it is my fault. This is due to the fact that I think that if I could see everyone, or just a couple strangers, for who they really are, almost all of them are worthy of my love or liking, you know what I mean. Everyone has people who love them, and everyone has flaws. Perhaps behind every bully is a really insecure little boy or girl, or behind a terrorist is someone whose family was shot and killed (for being terrorists), leaving him scarred and angry. It's seeing past the flaws and accepting them that really constitutes love. There are some horrible people out there, with horrible flaws that can't or should not be accepted. Some people can't be helped, but I truly believe that if you show someone you care they will eventually be willing to let you in. Showing that you care, you can help them fix the bad, and replace it with good. We throw criminals into jail without getting them what they really need. Support, therapy, a caring community. The government virtually throws them in an extended time out, which isn't effective. They throw them away without trying to fix them, they don't show they care. Too easily we give up on people. Maybe this is me being an optimist, but really, "love is all you need."

Okay, sorry, this took a really big turn, but let me know what you think, Quibbles!

Love always,
- Nargles 8//11/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!