Tuesday, August 5, 2014

019 Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?

This one's going to be short because I'm kind of busy and I have no inspiration whatsoever without the amazing Nargles to discuss things with.

Sorry, Nargles, I've sort of deserted this blog. Only three views yesterday and one view the day before that, you must be so disappointed in me :(

Don't look at me like that, it's not my fault people aren't interested in seven (in my opinion) VERY interesting short story prompts. Or whether or not Hitler should be placed in an Evil Baby Orphanage.

Moving on, I don't know why religions that support love cause so many wars. Personally, I don't really belong with any particular religion, so maybe I'm not the best person to answer this question. But I do know that lots of religions only support the "right" kind of love. I mean, plenty of believers only believe in love if it's "with our own kind of people" or between a boy and a girl. My opinion is that as long as you're not hurting anyone, go ahead and do whatever you want with your life. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and people might not agree with yours, but your opinion is your opinion and their opinion is their opinion. You don't need to convert their thoughts to yours, and they don't need to bother you about your thoughts, either. (This does not apply to people who think doing drugs and selling them to teens is a great idea... have some self-preservation, please.)

I'm not trying to say that people should shoot puppies and dance naked in the middle of streets while feeding beer to babies. If you're affecting someone (or something) in any way, you probably should consider their opinion and behave accordingly. But if your neighbours are gay or Jewish or Muslim or Christian or Russian or Japanese or anything else that your opinion does not pertain to, don't go throwing eggs at their cars (TFIOS reference?); their love lives have nothing do to with you, and affect you in no way possible.

These are my thoughts on this topic. I would be very interested in hearing yours.

Thanks,
- Quibbles 8/5/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!