Monday, August 11, 2014

023.5 While walking in the park, you see a stranger and realize with absolute certainty that if you go over and introduce yourself, the two of you will fall in love more deeply than you even imagine possible. But you also know that in 6 months the person will be hit by a bus and killed. Would you go over to the person or leave? Assume you know that once you decide, you’ll forget what lies ahead.

Dear Nargles,

I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF GUS AND HAZEL TOO!!! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE, AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT???

Anyways, I agree with everything you've said. As one of our dear friends says, "Better sh*t your pants than be constipated the rest of your life." And I agree. No one can lead a life without any sadness, and if you don't take any risks, your life will never be sad, or happy, or exciting, or drama-filled, or ANYTHING. The line I wrote in my middle school graduation speech was "A ship in the harbour is safe... but that's not what ships are made for." Even if you knew your happiness was definitely going to end in sadness, cherish the happiness because there's not much of it to go around all seven billion of us.

That's all I have to add,
 - Quibbles 8/11/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi reader! What are your thoughts on this subject? Please comment below, we'd love to know!